What is Firebase?
According to official documentation -
What are Firebase Features?
1. Real-time Database - Firebase supports JSON data and it’s automatically update connected clients. Also store and sync data in real-time across all connected clients
2. Crash Reporting - Diagnose problems in your mobile app with detailed reports of bugs and crashes.
3. Authentication - Manage your users in a simple and secure way. We can use anonymous, password and social authentications to Authentication our apps.
4. Cloud Functions - Extend your app with custom backend code.
5. Cloud Storage - Store and share images, audio, video, or other user-generated content easily with powerful.
6. Hosting - We can be deployed our apps over secured connection to Firebase servers.
7. Test Lab for Android - Run automatic and customized tests for your app.
8. Performance Monitoring - Diagnose app performance issues occurring on your users’ devices.
What Are the Advantages of Firebase?
1. Simple and user friendly
2. Configuration not required
3. Automatically update connected clients
4. Offers simple control dashboard
5. Offers number of useful services
How to Setup Firebase Environment?
Steps 1 – First, will need to CREATE Firebase Account and login in using https://console.firebase.google.com/ and after login we land on welcome page.
Steps 2 – There are following steps involved
- Go to Recent project sections and
- Click on Add Project link and
- Select the project name (as per you) and
- Select the country/region and
- Finally click on CREATE PROJECT button.
- The Project ID is automatically created!
What is Project IDs?
The Project IDs are globally unique identifiers, used in Real-time Database URLs, Firebase Hosting subdomain, and more. You cannot change the project ID after you create it.
Steps 3 – Select the database options and see the database generated database https://fir-demo-63b16.firebaseio.com/
Steps 4 - Create basic HTML/JS App
<script src = "https://cdn.firebase.com/js/client/2.4.2/firebase.js"></script>
<div>Welcomr, You Anil!</div>
Use NPM or Bower - Use Firebase NPM or Bowers packages and Run the following commands
npm install firebase --save
bower install firebase
Learn Google Maps, reCAPTCHA and Invisible reCAPTCHA
I hope you are enjoying with this post! Please share with you friends. Thank you so much!